|Grade:||Almost Unc - 53|
|Mint Mark:||Not Shown - Philadelphia|
|Metal Content:||0.0483 troy oz|
Nice lightly circulated example of the scarce Type 2 variety! This is the smallest Gold coin ever minted by the U.S. Mint.
- Contains .048375 oz of Gold.
- Coin designed by James B. Longacre.
- Obverse: Depicts Lady Liberty as a Native American princess with a fanciful feathered headdress not resembling any worn by any Indian tribe.
- Reverse: Displays the “agricultural wreath” composed of cotton, corn, tobacco and wheat, blending the produce of the North and South.
- Coin has been authenticated and graded Almost Uncirculated-53 by PCGS
As you continue to browse APMEX, you will find our multi-million dollar rare coin and bullion inventory contains Pre-1933 U.S. Gold, rare coins, numismatic rarities and Silver dollars for both the novice and the expert. Add this 1854 $1 Indian Head Type-2 Gold coin to your order today!