Nice lightly circulated example of the scarce Type 2 variety! This is the smallest Gold coin ever minted by the U.S. Mint.
- Contains .048375 oz of Gold.
- Coin designed by James B. Longacre.
- Obverse: Depicts Lady Liberty as a Native American princess with a fanciful feathered headdress not resembling any worn by any Indian tribe.
- Reverse: Displays the “agricultural wreath” composed of cotton, corn, tobacco and wheat, blending the produce of the North and South.
- Coin has been authenticated and graded Almost Uncirculated-53 by PCGS
As you continue to browse APMEX, you will find our multi-million dollar rare coin and bullion inventory contains Pre-1933 U.S. Gold, rare coins, numismatic rarities and Silver dollars for both the novice and the expert. Add this 1854 $1 Indian Head Type-2 Gold coin to your order today!
Gold -- why buy Gold from APMEX?Gold is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Grade:||Almost Unc - 53|
|Mint Mark:||Not Shown - Philadelphia|
|Metal Content:||0.0483 troy oz|