|Mint Mark:||Not Shown - Philadelphia|
|Metal Content:||5 troy oz|
The 18th coin of the United States America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin™ Program features Great Basin National Park in Nevada. Each America the Beautiful coin contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver. The Great Basin National Park is home to fascinating geology, water systems and diverse plant and animal species.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins come in capsules. Multiples of 10 come in mint-issued tubes without capsules. Orders of 100 come in mint-issued monster boxes also without capsules.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of United States of America, Liberty, In God We Trust and Quarter Dollar.
- Reverse: Depicts the beauty and unique qualities of a single Bristlecone Pine tree and shows the rocky glacial moraines where the trees grow. Inscriptions are GREAT BASIN, NEVADA, 2013 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
- Guaranteed by the US Government.
The Great Basin, primarily located in Nevada, covers an area of more than 180,000 square miles with elevations as high as 14,500 feet. The Great Basin is known for its unique geology and ecology, but the most commonly known feature is its hydrology. The area is completely self contained, which means that any precipitation within the region either drains into rivers and lakes, but does not find its way to the Pacific Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico.
The Great Basin spans through five states and includes hundreds of mountain ranges, making Nevada the most mountainous state in the union. It is made up of over 90 basins and valleys making it home to unique plant life such as the Bristlecone Pine. These ancient trees are some of the world’s oldest, some living for more than 4,000 years.