Minted at the oldest mint in North America and rapidly gaining popularity worldwide, the Mexican Libertad coin is Mexico’s treasure coin. Silver Libertad coins are always limited in mintage and are becoming more and more difficult to acquire.
The 2013 1 oz Silver Libertad has a limited mintage of 774,100 pieces. This low mintage attracts both investors and collectors making these coins scarce in the marketplace.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins are presented in plastic flips. Multiples of 20 will be packaged in APMEX tubes.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Victory statue of Mexican independence in front of volcanic mountains Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, surrounded by the weight, purity and date.
- Reverse: Mexican national seal with an eagle sitting atop a cactus surrounded by symbols representing Mexico’s 10 provinces.
Display your coin in style by browsing our presentation box category.
This 1 oz Silver coin has become popular with collectors and investors for its historic design and Silver content. Add this 1 oz Silver Libertad to your cart today!
Shown on the obverse are Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, two volcanoes that overlook the Valley of Mexico. These volcanoes tell a story of two lovers from warring families, similar to Romeo and Juliet. The volcanoes represent the warrior Iztaccíhuatl mourning the death of his beloved Popocatépetl.