First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This .9999 fine Gold coin honors the First Lady, Letitia Tyler. This coin was graded MS-70 by PCGS.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect MS-70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: The bust of former First Lady Letitia Tyler.
- Reverse: Letitia Tyler's success in running their plantation gave husband John Tyler the freedom to pursue his political career. The reverse of the coin depicts Mrs. Tyler and her two oldest children behind their Cedar Grove Plantation.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your 1/2 oz Gold Letitia Tyler coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These coins honor Presidential “First Ladies” who have added so much to our country. Add the 2009-W Gold Letitia Tyler First Spouse Coin to your cart today!
Letitia Tyler became the first wife of a president to die while her husband was still in Office. A genteel Southern lady, Letitia Christian Tyler supervised the Tyler family's 1,200 acre plantation. Letitia Tyler became the first wife of a president to die while her husband was still in office. Although Letitia Tyler was never able to assume the normal social duties of a First Lady because of her poor health, behind the scenes, she directed the entertaining and household management of the White House. She made only one public appearance while First Lady, at the wedding of their daughter, Elizabeth.