Early French-American Colonial issue. This coin was issued by France for circulation in the French Colonies. An affordable piece of Colonial American coinage.
- "D" mintmark; struck at the Lyon Mint for use in France's North American colonies.
- From the reign of King Louis XIV, these coins contain a small percentage of Silver (.0435 oz).
- Certified as Genuine by PCGS and exhibits Extra Fine or better details.
- Obverse: Featuring the crowned double monogram of King Louis XIV and three fleur-de-lis.
- Reverse: Outlined cross with fleur-de-lis at each angle.
Protect and display your 30 Deniers Louis XIV coins in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add one of these Genuine French Billon 30 Deniers Louis XIV coins to your collection today!
These coins were called "Mousquetaires", or Musketeers, bearing a cross on the reverse worn by the King's Guard or royal musketeers. These examples are part of the New World Hoard mysteriously discovered in England.