This Gold coin dates from the reign of the Byzantine Emperor Phocas (A.D. 602-610). It contains 4.40 grams (0.1416 oz) actual Gold weight and was produced at the Constantinople mint.
This coin is graded Extra Fine by NGC. It was struck slightly off center, but is in a high state of preservation with a strike rating of 4/5 and a surface rating of 3/5 with a notation of graffito, which is certainly not bad for a coin struck more than 1,400 years ago. The reverse of the coin depicts the words "CONOB", which roughly translates as Constantinople. 1/72 pound pure Gold, appears below.
- Hoards and label styles may vary.
- Authenticated and graded Extra Fine by NGC.
- Obverse: Depicts a facing bust of Phocas with the inscription dNN FOCAS PERP AVG.
- Reverse: Features the words VICTORIA AVGY and an angel standing holding a long staff.
- Produced at the Constantinople Mint.
Display your Ancient Gold coin in style by adding a presentation box to your order.
Ancient Silver makes a unique addition to any collection. Add this Byzantine Gold Emperor Phocas coin to your cart today!