The Girl Scouts of America began on March 12, 1912 by Juliette Gordon Low who organized the first two troops in Savannah, Georgia. With over 3.7 million members and over 236,000 troops, the Girls Scouts of America are known throughout the United States.
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Comes in U.S. Mint box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 86,354 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts three girls to represent three different stages in a scout's life. Above their heads are the words taken from their mission statement.
- Reverse: Features the trefoil-profiles symbol of the Girl Scouts.
Add this 2013 Girl Scouts Silver coin to your cart today!
Girl Scouts of America's main focus is to empower girls and teach them honesty, fairness, sisterhood and a variety of other values and morals through activities such as camping, community service and first aid. As each girl completes these tasks they are awarded a badge which are traditionally placed on their vest or sash. Since its inception, there have been 24 National Presidents with First Lady Lou Henry Hoover, wife of President Herbert Hoover, being the most notable.