The first cylinder-shaped coin ever struck! Sold out at the Mint! This one of a kind coin is a full 6 oz of pure Silver and has a mintage of 2,500 coins.
- Contains 6 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin is presented in a luxury case with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features an image of Mercury next to a likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the face value of $25 and a background image of a world map, symbolizing travel.
- Reverse: Depicts an image of a Gold Mercury coin with a map of the galaxy in the background.
- Edge: Stylized image of Mercury's legs with the god's wings. The background again features a map of the world with elements symbolizing travel.
These coins are extremely unique and have proven to be very popular with collectors. Add this 2013 Silver 6 oz Fortuna Redux Mercury Cylinder coin to your cart today!
Mercury’s name comes from the Latin word “merx” meaning “goods”. Usually he is depicted while holding a herald’s staff accompanied by an inscription "Fortuna Redux", hence the name of this coin. In the days of the Roman Empire, the cult of Mercury was widely distributed, and Julius Caesar proclaimed him the most popular god in Britain and Gaul. Since then, Mercury is believed to bring luck in business and protect travelers on their journey.