One of the most beautiful coins in Mexican numismatic history, the 1921 Silver 2 Pesos features an angelic personification of Victory. This coin is an outstanding example of the type, with only 36 known finer at NGC.
- Contains .7717 oz of Silver.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-64 condition of the coin.
- Only minted for one year, 1921, to celebrate the centennial of Mexican Independence.
- Mintage of 1,277,500 pieces.
- Obverse: The national coat of arms of Mexico, featuring an eagle perched on a cactus clenching a snake in its beak. Mintmark "Mo" to left, date below in Roman numerals MCMXXI.
- Reverse: Winged Victory holding a wreath of laurel, with the volcanos Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
Protect and display your Silver 2 Pesos in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This exceptional example of this delightful type shows remarkably clean fields and original, lustrous surfaces. The coin is mostly white with some peripheral toning on the obverse common to the type. Though most examples of this type are struck weakly and lack definition in some of the key details, this example is particularly well-struck. Don't miss the opportunity to add this beautiful example to your collection today!