This coin features a colored representation of the Aurora Australis, which has been colored with glow-in-the-dark ink.
Tenth release in the Australian Antarctic Territory Series.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin is housed in a blue-colored presentation case, which comes within a stylish outer shipper. A numbered certificate of authenticity accompanies each coin.
- Mintage of only 7,500.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank- Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination are shown.
- Reverse: The background incorporates the outline of the Antarctic continent bordered by the inscriptions "2013 – AURORA AUSTRALIS", the reverse also includes the words "Australian Antarctic Territory". The Perth "P" mintmark is included in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful coin to your cart today!
An aurora is a dramatic display of colored light seen in the night sky above the polar regions. In the Southern Hemisphere this phenomenon is known as the Aurora Australis, or Southern lights. An aurora occurs when charged particles emitted from the sun interact with Earth's magnetosphere. The solar particles stream toward the poles, colliding with atoms of nitrogen and oxygen in the upper atmosphere. Akin to the process that operates in a neon light, the collisions create glowing gases seen as dancing ribbons and arcs of mesmerising light comprising thousands of colors.