This is the first release in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting Dragonfly Series featuring colored dragonflies set in holograms. This .9999 fine Silver coin features the beautiful Libellula pulchella, the twelve-spotted skimmer.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in the original box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Designed by Canadian artist Celia Godkin featuring a painted Libellula pulchella set against a hologram. The polished Silver border is engraved with "Canada" along with the date and face value.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
The lacy, brightly hued periwinkle-spotted wings of the male twelve-spotted pond skimmer are fully extended as he poses atop a blade of pond grass. From the viewer’s vantage point, we see the skimmer’s characteristic yellow-lined thorax and body as well as the soft blue coloring that distinguishes the mature male of the species. In the background, a water lily-lined pond is presented in a shimmering full-color hologram, bringing sparkling movement to the water.
Add this $10 Dragonfly Spotted Skimmer coin to your cart today!