|Mint Mark:||RCM - Not Shown|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Royal Canadian Mint|
This fifth coin in a seven coin series has a low mintage of only 7,000 coins adding to its collectibility.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 Fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features an adaptation of Franz Johnston’s painting, The Guardian of the Gorge. The outer frame on the reverse side features the words “CANADA” and “FRANZ JOHNSTON” along with the date “2013” and the face value of “20 DOLLARS.”
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this Johnston's Guardian of the Gorge coin to your cart today!
In this detail of the painting, we see massive outcroppings of granite acting as guard and gateway to a vast river canyon. The figurative becomes literal as one notices the figure of a crouching man emerge from the rock and at the crest of the cliff, not seen here, the face of the elderly guardian watches over the vast chasm.