A perfect PR-70 DCAM $5 Gold Commem! Only 105 First Strike PR-70's exist from a mintage of 15,843!
- Contains .24187 oz of pure gold.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the perfect PR-70 Deep Cameo condition of the coin.
- The First Strike designation ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Designed by Felix Schlag.
- Obverse: Depicts a bust of General MacArthur. "In God We Trust" is to his left and LIBERTY and the date are to his right.
- Reverse: Depicts the Leavenworth Lamp in the center with the legend above. E Pluribus Unum is to the right and the denomination below.
- This coin was struck in West Point and carries a “W” mintmark above the denomination on the reverse.
Protect and display your 5-Star General MacArthur coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This coin will make a great addition to any collection. Add this 2013-W $5 Gold Commemorative of 5-Star General MacArthur to your order today!
General Douglas MacArthur served 52 years in the United States Army and became one of the most decorated members of America's armed forces as he continued moving up the ranks from soldier all the way up to Chief of the Army General Staff. He was finally decorated with a Medal of Honor for his defense of the Philippines in 1942.
MacArthur served in nearly every war America was involved in from the United States' occupation of Veracruz in 1914 all the way to the Korean War ending in the early 1950s.
Beginning in 1960, his health began to deteriorate and he began making appearances that were in essence a goodbye. He began writing his memoirs which began appearing in Life magazine shortly before his death. He was later asked by President Kennedy in 1963 to mediate a dispute that could have potentially held up or cancelled America's involvemnt in the 1964 Summer Olympic Games.
MacArthur died on April 5, 1964 at the age of 84.
Gold -- why buy Gold from APMEX?Gold is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Grade:||Proof - 70 DCAM|
|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||0.2419 troy oz|