Perfectly graded Early Release Taku with a limited mintage of only 350,000 coins or less! The Taku coin combines the appeal of 1 oz of pure Silver with an elegant design that captures the beauty of the ocean.
Nearly 3,000 of these critically endangered Takus (Hawksbill turtles) call the island nation of Fiji their home.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Encapsulated by NGC as a perfect Mint State-70 with the Early Releases label.
- The Early Release label guarantees this coin was received by NGC within the first 30 days of the coin's release.
- Obverse: Stylized design of a Hawksbill turtle, also known as the Taku, swimming along the ocean floor amidst tiny bubbles.
- Reverse: Fiji coat of arms and 2013 date.
- Produced by the New Zealand Mint under the authority of Fiji.
Protect and display your $2 Silver Taku in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this perfect Mint State-70 $2 Silver Taku to your cart today!
The New Zealand Mint is a privately owned company in Auckland, New Zealand. It is the only privately owned mint in New Zealand, purchasing refined Gold from international sources to produce coins. They have established their reputation over the past four decades for their high quality design as exhibited by their innovative commemorative Gold and Silver bullion products. The mint uses the tag-line “Minters of the South Pacific” and produces collector and bullion coins for a number of pacific nations, including Fiji, the Cook Islands, Niue and Tuvalu.