This series will contain 15 coins over 5 years and highlights French heritage by honoring ten kings, two emperors and three presidents who helped shape the French nation. This is the seventh issue of this series and the first for 2013.
Louis XI known as Louis the Prudent, strengthened the royal authority during his reign from 1461 to 1483. He was known for founding the French postal system.
- Contains .64 oz. of Silver.
- Each coin comes in a capsule and mint box with the certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 20,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the profile of Louis XI wearing his well-known hat decorated with religious medals.
- Reverse: Represents one of the infamous cages used in the reign of Louis XI. There known as fillettes because of their small height which prevented the prisoner inside from standing up.
- Guaranteed by the Monnaie de Paris.
Handle your coin with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful silver coin to your cart today!