1986 is the inaugural issue of the Gold Eagle series. This example is graded a near perfect MS-69 by PCGS adding to its collectibility.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the MS-69 condition.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The date issued is in Roman Numerals (MCMLXXXVI).
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S Mint.
Display your certified Gold American Eagle in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
With its beauty, patriotic design and legal tender status, Gold American Eagle coins are recognized and treasured across the United States. Add the 1986 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle to your cart today!