This coin comes from an unknown dynasty, possibly Scythian, whose coinage seems to be inspired by the Silver denarius of M. Junius Brutus issued in 54 B.C.
- Thracian or Scythian Gold stater of Coson.
- Premium example for ancient Gold with Mint State grading by NGC!
- Perfect Strike and Surface ratings of 5/5!
- Obverse: Shows three togate figures advancing, the first and third each carrying an ax over their shoulders.
- Reverse: Features an eagle standing on a scepter, holding a wreath in one claw.
This example is destined to reside as a high quality addition to any advanced ancient collection.