This second year of issue Gold American Eagle is one of the few years of the series that featured Roman numerals as the date. Each Gold Eagle is guaranteed by the U.S. Mint for Gold weight and purity, making these great for investing.
- MCMLXXXVII - second year of issue.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint in West Point, NY.
Protect your Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
With its beauty, patriotic design and legal tender status, Gold American Eagle coins provide diversity to investment portfolios with a hard asset that is both secure and internationally recognized. Add this beautiful 1 oz Gold coin to your cart today!