The Perth Mint's Bush Babies series celebrates the young of various animals found across Australia. The final release in this five-coin series features the wombat, beautifully colorized on .999 fine Silver.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a display box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Queen Elizabeth II above the face value, weight and purity.
- Reverse: Features a colorized baby wombat with Australian bush flowers, designed by Elise Martinson.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Australia is known for its unique animals and this .999 fine Silver series is the perfect way to celebrate these lovable creatures. Add this 2013 1/2 oz Proof Silver Bush Babies Wombat coin to your cart today!
The wombat is a marsupial native to Australia. Despite its fearless nature, the wombat has a short-legged muscular frame, which causes him to move slowly. Because of its stature, the wombat is known for taking short cuts. Wombats are generally not seen, but leave ample evidence of their passage. The wombat has a backwards-facing pouch, so that while digging burrows, dirt does not spill over its young.