This is the third coin in the Royal Canadian Mint's Prehistoric Creatures series. Previous coins have sold out at the mint.
- Made of cupronickel.
- Encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon clamshell case lined with black flock and protected by a customized colored sleeve with glow-in-the-dark elements.
- Mintage of only 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt's rendition of Queen Elizabeth II facing right
- Reverse: Illustrates paleontologists' rendition of what Tylosaurus pembinensis may have looked like.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Millions of years ago, a vast inland sea covered the center of the North American continent, teeming with strange and fearsome beasts. The king of these wonders was the mosasaur Tylosaurus, a super-predator related to present-day snakes and Komodo dragons.
For best effect, place the coin in sunlight or under a fluorescent or incandescent light for 30-60 seconds, then bring the coin into the dark to reveal the skeleton of this prehistoric creature.
Add this Glow in the Dark Prehistoric Creature Tylosaurus coin to your cart today!