This is from a series featuring great French ships. Every year for five years, this series will pay tribute to a sailing ship, a warship and an ocean liner.
- Contains 5 oz of Silver.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 500 coins.
- Obverse: The Pen Duick is represented with wind in all her sails on the open sea. This representation is crowned by a rope-design frieze.
- Reverse: Depicts a composition which is common to all the sailing ships and is featured in all five coins.
- Minted by the Monnaie de Paris.
Add this 2013 5 oz Silver €50 Great French Ships Proof Pen Duick coin to your cart today!
Pen Duick is the name of the boats Eric Tabarly sailed on during his career. The first Pen Duick depicted on this coin was built in 1898.