|Mint Mark:||P - Perth Mint|
|Metal Content:||0.5 troy oz|
This is the fifth and final coin in the five-coin Birds of Australia series. The colorization on these coins is outstanding, adding to the beauty of this issue!
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine silver.
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 10,000.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features an image of a Splendid Fairy-Wren in color perched on a branch, design by Natasha Muhl. The design also includes the inscription SPLENDID FAIRY-WREN as well as The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
- Guaranteed by the Australian government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this coin to your cart today.
The final release in this exciting series features the Splendid Fairy-wren. Widely distributed in south-west and inland south-east Australia, the Splendid Fairy-wren inhabits dense shrubs and woodlands. Living in small groups, it’s a jaunty bird that hops and bounces among the undergrowth in search of insects. During the breeding season, the male moults into brilliant blue plumage. The mainly grey-brown female builds an oval domed nest in which to incubate her eggs. Other members of the group all help-out with feeding the chicks.
This brand new coin program is inspired by the birds that inhabit the continent of Australia. Because of the nation’s island status, many of these species are unique and breathtakingly beautiful.
Beginning with the Red-tailed Black-Cockatoo, and followed by the Budgerigar, Regent Bowerbird, Rainbow Lorikeet and Splendid Fairy-Wren, this series is not one to miss. These colorful birds have been brought to life with stunning artistry and attention to detail.