|Mint Mark:||Not Shown|
|Metal Content:||5 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Monnaie de Paris|
Every year for five years, this series featuring great French ships will pay tribute to a sailing ship, a warship and an ocean liner. This 50 Euro Proof Silver coin depicts The Gloire, the first ironclad warship! The Gloire is considered as the first battleship on the open sea in the service of the French Navy.
- Contains 5 oz of Silver.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 500 coins.
- Obverse: The battleship, the Gloire, is represented with its sails and stack which denote that the ship was powered not only by the wind but also by a steam engine driving a single propeller. On the low part, under a rope, appears the detail of the battleship and scuttles (opening in the side of a ship by which pass the gun barrels).
- Reverse: Depicts a composition which is common to all the sailing ships and is featured in all five coins.
- Minted by the Monnaie de Paris.
Add this 2013 5 oz Silver €50 Great French Ships Proof (La Gloire) coin to your cart today!