This remarkable series goes back in Australia’s history to discover the larger-than life animals that once roamed, with the first release depicting the Procoptodon. First coin in this series!
- Contains 1 oz of .999 Fine Silver.
- Comes in a box with illustrated shipper and includes a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 6,500.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Portrays a Procoptodon set against a colored background. The inscription "PROCOPTODON" the coins weight and purity along with the Perth Mint's "P" mintmark are incorporated into the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this beautiful coin to your cart today!
The Procoptodon is a giant extinct marsupial that was part of a range of megafaunal creatures, which inhabited Australia during the Pleistocene period. This incredible creature was the largest and most heavily built kangaroo known. It had an unusually short flat face and forwardly directed eyes, long clawed fingers, with a single large toe on each foot. The height of the Procoptodon has been estimated at up to three meters. Upcoming releases include: Diprotodon, Genyornis, Thylacoleo and Megalania.