The Expectation is featured on this second issue of the stunning five-piece Klimt and his Women series of 50 euro Gold coins celebrating the 150th anniversary of the Viennese master’s birth.
Also bearing the letter "L", the five-coin series spells KLIMT in its entirety.
- Contains .317 oz of Gold.
- Each coin comes in a capsule and mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Maximum mintage of 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: Clearly inspired by Egyptian art, The Expectation is a prime example of how Klimt found inspiration in the past yet succeeded in creating something completely modern and original.
- Reverse: Depicts The Tree of Life in his trademark twirling designs.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful Gold coin to your cart today!
The Vienna Mint was originally situated near Hoher Merkt and later at various locations in Vienna. Since the first half of the 19th century, the mint has been housed in Heumarkt in central Vienna, where coins are still struck to this day. Minting facilities opened throughout Austria until 1918 when the Republic of Austria was formed and the Vienna Principal Mint became the singular minting facility. In 1989, the name officially changed to the Austrian Mint and became a subsidiary of the Austrian National Bank.
One of the Austrian Mint’s most recognized coins is the Maria Teresa Thaler, which is not simply a famous Silver coin, but one that boasts the greatest number minted. Another prime example of the mint’s international success is the Gold Philharmonic, one of the most popular Gold bullion coins worldwide. The Gold Philharmonic has played a vital role in developing the Austrian Mint into a highly successful company. The Austrian Mint’s beautifully crafted coins are minted in the heart of Vienna and are sought after by investors and collectors around the world.