One of the most mountainous countries in Europe, Austria has played a vital role in the development of tunnels. The 2013 addition to the 25 euro Silver Niobium series pays homage to Austria’s long and influential contribution to tunnel construction.
- Contains 9 grams of .900 fine silver (ASW 0.26045) in its outer ring and nearly 7 grams of .998 pure niobium.
- Each coin is encapsulated, boxed and comes complete with a numbered certificate guaranteeing its authenticity.
- Mintage of only 65,000 Uncirculated pieces.
- Obverse: A present-day tunnel boring machine features in the niobium pill of the coin’s obverse, its rotating motion symbolised by three arrows. The outer silver ring shows the mountains through which the machine pierces.
- Reverse: The coins reverse makes excellent use of the niobium pill to show one of the many road tunnels that pepper Austria’s alpine landscape today, while a tunnel worker uses a pneumatic drill to loosen rock in the silver ring alongside the word “Tunnelbau” (tunnel construction).
- Certified by the Austrian Mint.
This Silver/Niobium coin would be a great addition to any coin collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2013 Austria Silver/Niobium €25 Tunnelbau BU coin to your cart today!
Opened in 1848, the vertex tunnel of the Semmering railway was the world’s first alpine tunnel. The ‘New Austrian Tunnelling Method’, which uses the geographical stress of surrounding rock to strengthen a tunnel, was developed from 1957 to 1965 and has since done a great deal to revolutionize tunnel construction around the world.
Silver -- why buy Silver from APMEX?Silver is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||Not Shown|
|Metal Content:||0.2604 troy oz|