The first coin in the "Prehistoric Life: Back from the Dead" series illustrates the geologic period when all the Earth’s continents were joined together in one vast landmass known as Pangaea, or Pangea.
- Contains .5787 oz of fine Silver.
- Each of these magnificent coins comes with a box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 50,000 proof coins.
- Obverse: Features the Triassic time line, a detail which links the whole series, appears on the lower half. An ammonite, an extinct sea-dwelling cephalopod shown in both live and fossilized form appears above the time line.
- Reverse: The upper half shows an Ichthyosaurus with an ammonite in its long, narrow jaws, while a Nothosaurus swims below.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
Add this Silver €20 Life in the Water Triassic Proof coin to your cart today!
The Vienna Mint was originally situated near Hoher Merkt and later at various locations in Vienna. Since the first half of the 19th century, the mint has been housed in Heumarkt in central Vienna, where coins are still struck to this day. Minting facilities opened throughout Austria until 1918 when the Republic of Austria was formed and the Vienna Principal Mint became the singular minting facility. In 1989, the name officially changed to the Austrian Mint and became a subsidiary of the Austrian National Bank.
One of the Austrian Mint’s most recognized coins is the Maria Teresa Thaler, which is not simply a famous Silver coin, but one that boasts the greatest number minted. Another prime example of the mint’s international success is the Gold Philharmonic, one of the most popular Gold bullion coins worldwide. The Gold Philharmonic has played a vital role in developing the Austrian Mint into a highly successful company. The Austrian Mint’s beautifully crafted coins are minted in the heart of Vienna and are sought after by investors and collectors around the world.