|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||0.5 troy oz|
First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse coin pays tribute to the accomplishments of the beloved Edith Roosevelt.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an original box from the U.S. Mint.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Edith Roosevelt.
- Reverse: Commemorates Mrs. Roosevelt's restoration work in the White House with the depiction of an off-center column and compass.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Florence Harding Gold Coin to your cart today!
Edith Roosevelt was Teddy Roosevelt's second wife, as his first wife died after birthing their first child, Alice. Teddy was so distraught over the loss of his wife that he hardly spoke of her for the rest of his life, even to Alice. Roosevelt quickly began courting Edith, whom he had known since he was a child, as Edith and his younger sister were childhood playmates. They married a year and a half later after enough time had elapsed for appearance's sake.
Edith was troubled by the appearance of the Executive Mansion and decided to completely remodel the family's living quarters. It was also during this period that the Executive Mansion's name changed to the White House, which is depicted on the reverse of this .9999 fine Gold coin.