These .9999 fine Gold coins have low mintages offering great collectibility to this series. Each coin pays tribute to contributions to the White House during her husband's presidency.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- Brilliant Uncirculated coin housed in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Bust of Edith Wilson.
- Reverse: Depicts Mrs. Wilson supporting her husband, who had suffered a massive stroke. His right hand holds a cane, while her left hand rests warmly on his.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Comes in a wooden box with certificate of authenticity.
Edith Wilson was the second wife of President Woodrow Wilson as his first wife died while he was still in office. Due to such a short time between the death of his first wife, and the proposed marriage to his second, the press gave Edith a very hard time as they were constantly poking fun. Groundless rumors also began to spread that both Wilson and Edith had his first wife murdered. The situation became so potent that Wilson even gave Edith the opportunity to back out of the marriage. Four years after their wedding, Wilson suffered a debilitating stroke which rendered him partially paralyzed. Due to this, Edith took over many of the duties and responsibilities of government. She personally screened all state matters prior to Wilson seeing and/or signing them. According to Edith, this was direct orders from his physician as he did not want Wilson's mental health to worsen.
Gold -- why buy Gold from APMEX?Gold is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||0.5 troy oz|