These .9999 fine Gold coins have low mintages offering great collectibility to this series. Each coin pays tribute to contributions to the White House during her husband's presidency.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- Proof coin housed in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Bust of former First Lady Edith Wilson.
- Reverse: Depicts Mrs. Wilson supporting her husband, who had suffered a massive stroke. His right hand holds a cane, while her left hand rests warmly on his.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Edith Bolling was the second wife of President Woodrow Wilson, as his first wife died while he was still in office. Due to the short time between the death of his first wife and the proposal to his second, the press gave Edith a very hard time and rumors began to spread that both Wilson and Edith had his first wife murdered. The situation became so potent that Wilson even gave Edith the opportunity to back out of the marriage.
Four years after their wedding, Wilson suffered a debilitating stroke which rendered him partially paralyzed. Due to this, Edith took over many of the duties and responsibilities of government. She personally screened all state matters prior to Wilson seeing them. According to Edith, this was a direct order from his physician, as he did not want Wilson's mental health to worsen.
Silver -- why buy Silver from APMEX?Silver is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||0.5 troy oz|