Minted for only one year and offered in special burnished finish, fractional Gold Buffalos are among the scarcest in the entire series. This coin has been graded a near-flawless MS-69 by PCGS.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the SP-69 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of only 9,949 coins.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: Features an American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Burnished Gold Buffalos add a new beauty to this popular coin design. Add this low-mintage 2008-W 1/4 oz Burnished Gold Buffalo to your cart today!
Note: PCGS has used both the SP and MS designation to refer to burnished coins at various times. These designations are identical in meaning and value in this context, and coins in this listing may have either.