Laura Gardin Fraser's winning design, but rejected, for the Washington quarter in 1932, was used for this 1999 $5 Gold commemorative issued for the 200th anniversary of Washington's death.
- Contains .2419 oz of Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees PR-70 Deep Cameo condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features a portrait of George Washington based on a bust modeled in 1785 by Jean Antoine Houdon. Inscriptions include “Liberty”, “In God We Trust”, and the date of issue “1999”.
- Reverse: Depicts a perched eagle with thirteen stars above and inscriptions “United States of America”, “E Pluribus Unum”, and the denomination “Five Dollars”.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your George Washington $5 Gold Commem in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this perfectly graded 1999-W Gold Commemorative George Washington coin to your cart today!