These perfectly graded Proof Gold Buffalo coins are minted at West Point and bear the "W" mintmark. The design is based after James Earle Fraser's famous 1913 Type 1 Buffalo Nickel. Proof coins are struck on specially prepared planchets multiple times to provide a special finish. The dies used in this process provide the coins a mirrorlike appearance. The reverse features the classic buffalo design modeled after Black Diamond, the bison living in New York City's Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s, as well as inscriptions of the weight, denomination, and Gold content.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- The coin is packaged by PCGS in a secure plastic case with a label reflecting the unique features associated with these beautifully graded Gold Buffalos.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American Flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the original colonies.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your graded Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive to your order.
Buy America's premier Gold coin in a beautiful proof finish from the West Point Mint. Add 2014 1 oz Proof Gold Buffalos certified PR-70 by PCGS to your cart today!
U.S. Gold Buffalos -- why buy Gold bullion from APMEX?Buying from APMEX is one of the world's favorite ways to invest in Gold and is a popular way to diversify wealth. To buy Certified U.S. Gold Buffalos for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|