|Mint Mark:||Not Shown|
|Metal Content:||0.5145 troy oz|
Known as the “Monarch of the Glen” due to the majestic antlers of the stag, which are used during the rutting season to intimidate rivals, the Red deer (Cervus elaphus) is one of Europe‘s largest and most iconic land mammals.
- Contains .5145 oz of .986 fine Gold.
- Each coin comes in a capsule and mint box with certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Shows an imposing alpha male in its natural habitat roaring during the rutting period. Often triggered by the sight of rival stags, this mating call is a vocal display designed to intimidate and ward them off. If unimpressed, rival stags may lock antlers in an attempt to force one another from the field of battle in a ferocious and sometimes fatal struggle.
- Reverse: A proud stag stands guard over his family amid dense woodland containing other wildlife such as a frog and an otter. The lower part of each coin in the series is exquisitely decorated with an ornate design that gives the series its distinctive character.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
Handle your coin with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful Gold coin to your cart today!
The natural habitat for the Red Deer is upland forests and moorland but they spend the winter in lower-lying areas and river floodplains, where food is easier to find. In some cultures, dreaming of deer symbolizes success and wealth to come. On that front, the purchase of this half ounce-Gold coin would make a great start.