|Mint Mark:||Not Shown|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
As low as $4.29 per coin over spot!
This coin is a continuation of the silver Taku series from the New Zealand Mint that has grown tremendously popular in its brief existence. The coin combines the appeal of 1 oz of pure Silver with an elegant design that captures the beauty of the ocean.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 20 Silver turtle coins come in plastic tubes. Individual coins come packaged in protective plastic flips.
- Strict limited mintage of only 200,000 coins.
- Reverse: Stylized design of a Hawksbill turtle, also known as the Taku, swimming in shallow waters amidst tiny bubbles.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the 2014 date.
- Produced by the New Zealand Mint.
Protect your Silver Taku in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
With a sleeker design and low mintages for bullion, these coins tend to move very quickly. Add this 2014 edition of the Hawksbill Turtle to your cart today!
Hawksbill turtles are found throughout the tropical waters of the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans. Named for their narrow, pointed beak, they are also recognizable by a distinctive pattern of overlapping scales on their exquisitely colored shells. This species prefers coastlines and coral reefs where they can find sponges, a primary food source for these omnivores.
Making incredible migrations to move from feeding sites to tropical beaches that serve as nesting grounds, Hawksbill turtles come to New Zealand every year from Fiji. Although they’ve been sighted as far south as Cook Strait, they are mostly seen in the upper North Island of New Zealand in the clear, shallow waters of the island shelve.
Like many sea turtles, hawksbills are a critically endangered species due mostly to human impact. Hawksbill eggs are still eaten around the world despite the turtle’s international protected status, and they are often killed for their flesh and their stunning shells that are highly valuable in some marketplaces.