The Royal Mint has launched a series of Lunar coins that lend a unique British angle to an ancient tradition. The 2014 Lunar Year of Horse coin is the perfect way to continue the Lunar New Year gifting tradition that brings good fortune to the recipient.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Housed in a protective plastic flip.
- Obverse: Effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Reverse: Year of the Horse, 2014, the weight and fineness.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any bullion collection. Add this Brilliant Uncirculated 1 oz Gold Year of the Horse coin to your cart today!
The Shengxiào Collection – a series of 12 Lunar coins to be struck for the United Kingdom – starts with this coin for 2014 celebrating the Year of the Horse. Series artist Wuon-Gean Ho has created an intricately detailed design combining British and Chinese heritage. This is a must-have to start your collection with an ounce of gold, or a most auspicious gift.
The Shengxiào Collection will go on to complete a series of 12 coins, all embodying the traditions of the Chinese New Year with a contemporary British twist. This would be such a welcome gift for any important event or special person born during the year of the horse.