The U.S. Mint's First Spouse series features each of the First Ladies that have graced the White House. This issue, graded MS-69 First Strike by PCGS, honors Louisa Adams.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-69 First Strike condition.
- First Strike designation guarantees this coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of minting.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Louisa Adams.
- Reverse: Designed by Donna Weaver and sculpted by Charles Vickers, illustrates Louisa and her son making the treacherous journey across Europe to Paris.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this near perfectly graded Louisa Adams First Spouse Gold coin to your cart today!
Louisa Adams was the only first lady to be born on foreign soil. Louisa was born in London and did not step foot on American soil until after her marriage to John Quincy Adams. Before her husband's presidency, Louisa and the children lived in St. Petersburg while John lived and worked in Paris. Following the War of 1812, John moved his wife and children to Paris. This move turned out to be a treacherous 40-day sleigh ride through Europe.