In one of the most exciting and significant developments in Canadian numismatics, the RCM recently began selling 30,000 early 20th century Gold coins that had been in Bank of Canada storage vaults for decades.
Own a piece of history graded MS-63 by PCGS!
- Contains 0.4837 oz of Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects your coin.
- Obverse: Effigy of King George V.
- Reverse: The "Canadian Gold Reserve" designation labels feature the Red Ensign, the flag of Canada at the time the coins were struck, and the shield depicted on the flag is part of the design on the Gold coins in the hoard.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect and display your Canadian $10 Gold coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this $10 Reserve coin to your cart today!
The 30,000 coins are from a hoard of 300,000 $5 and $10 denomination coins dated 1912, 1913 and 1914, the first years of Canadian government Gold coinage. The remaining 270,000 Gold pieces in the hoard have been melted.