The Taku coin combines the appeal of 1 oz of pure Silver with an elegant design that captures the beauty of the ocean! Nearly 3,000 of these critically endangered Takus (Hawksbill turtles) call the island nation of Fiji their home.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coins come packaged in PCGS plastic case.
- Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- Obverse: Features a stylized design of a Hawksbill turtle, also known as the Taku, swimming along the ocean floor amidst tiny bubbles.
- Reverse: Displays the Fiji coat of arms and 2012 date.
- Produced by the New Zealand Mint under the authority of Fiji.
Add this 2012 1 oz Silver Fiji Taku coin to your cart today!
The New Zealand Mint is a privately owned company in Auckland, New Zealand. It is the only privately owned mint in New Zealand, purchasing refined Gold from international sources to produce coins. They have established their reputation over the past four decades for their high quality design as exhibited by their innovative commemorative Gold and Silver bullion products. The only precious metal mint in New Zealand, the mint uses the tag-line “Minters of the South Pacific” and produces collector and bullion coins for a number of pacific nations, including Fiji, the Cook Islands, Niue and Tuvalu.