This, the fifth coin in the new series of Australian landmarks, features a prospector panning for Gold on the banks of a colored river scene against a map outline of Australia.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 Silver in a flawless Proof finish.
- Housed in a contemporary display case, allowing a clear view of the reverse and obverse, and comes packaged inside a beautifully illustrated shipper with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features a prospector panning for gold on the banks of a colored river scene against a map outline of Australia. The inscription "THE LAND DOWN UNDER" and The Perth Mint's "P" are also incorporated in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this historic Land Down Under Gold Rush coin to your cart today!
Despite gold being found across the land, it was the discovery by Patrick Hannan at Kalgoorlie in 1893 that ultimately resulted in Australia becoming the world’s largest gold producer at the turn of the century, with half of its output mined in Western Australia. The impact of the gold rush on the nation’s economy, development and population was astounding. It generated financial viability, advances in infrastructure, local legislatures and land policies, while immigrants brought with them new skills, professions and cultural diversity.