The Series 1869 deuce is commonly referred to as a Rainbow note due to the colorful front. These notes have a portrait of Thomas Jefferson at left with a vignette of the U.S. Capitol at center.
- This is first Two Dollar Legal Tender notes to be issued by the United States after the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Large portrait of Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States with a vignette of the U.S. Capitol at center. Large red Treasury seal with Allison/Spinner signatures.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the denomination in three locations, and the obligation at right.
- Series of 1869 $2 United States Legal Tender Note.
- A decent note in Fine condition.
This note has seen moderate wear, but is intact without the usual distraction typical of these early U.S. paper money issues. This Fine plus note is a decent and affordable example of early U.S. paper money. Friedberg#42.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the federal government to print paper money.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||National Banknote Co.|