The Series 1869 deuce is commonly referred to as a Rainbow note due to the colorful front. These notes have a portrait of Thomas Jefferson at left with a vignette of the U.S. Capitol at center.
- This is first Two Dollar Legal Tender notes to be issued by the United States after the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Large portrait of Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States with a vignette of the U.S. Capitol at center. Large red Treasury seal with Allison/Spinner signatures.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the denomination in three locations, and the obligation at right.
- Series of 1869 $2 United States Legal Tender Note.
- A decent note in Fine condition.
This series has become a favorite with collectors due to the colorful fronts which gives these their nickname of "Rainbow Notes". Add one of these classics to your cart today!
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the federal government to print paper money.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||National Banknote Co.|