The Great Smoky Mountains 5 oz Silver coin is the first 2014 coin of the U.S. Mint's America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin™ Program and the 21st coin overall in the series.
- Each coin contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver for a total of 50 oz Silver in a MintDirect® tube.
- Mintage of just 33,000 coins.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of United States of America, Liberty, In God We Trust and Quarter Dollar.
- Reverse: Log cabin in the woods with an eagle flying above. The Great Smoky Mountains can be seen in the background.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your Silver ATB coins from blemishes by adding cotton gloves to your order.
These popular and highly collectible 5 oz America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin series have captured the imagination of investors and collectors alike. Add this great looking coin to your collection today!
The Great Smoky Mountains are a sub range of the Appalachian Mountains formed between 200 and 400 million years ago, which cover 522,419 acres of land spanning Tennessee and North Carolina. The national park itself, established in 1934 and dedicated by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, sees more than 9 million visitors per year and is the most visited park in the United States and its territories.
APMEX uses a special machine to ensure the products you receive are completely sealed once they are removed directly from the mint boxes. The mint tubes are placed on a conveyor leading into the machine and the sealing process seals both ends of each tube with tamper-evident packaging. If this tube has been opened in any way, you will know.
After the process is completed, the tube is removed from the machine and then checked to ensure the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished tube of MintDirect® 2014 5 oz Silver America the Beautiful coins.
Once checked for quality, the MintDirect® tubes are stored back in the vault until they are ordered by our customers. By using this process, APMEX can guarantee the coins you receive are in exactly the same condition and packaging as they were when they left the United States Mint.