|Mint Mark:||P - Perth Mint|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
This coin is the third in the Megafauna series from the Perth Mint.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 Silver in a flawless Proof finish.
- Comes in a box with an illustrated shipper and a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 6,500.
- Obverse: Features an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a Genyornis set against a colored background. The inscription 'GENYORNIS' the coins weight and purity along with the the Perth Mint's 'P' mintmark are incorporated into the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this Genyornis coin to your cart today!
This remarkable new series goes back in Australia’s history to discover the larger-than life animals that once roamed. The Genyornis is a giant extinct bird that was part of a range of megafaunal creatures, which inhabited Australia during the Pleistocene period. This incredible flightless bird was heavily built, standing more than two meters tall, with massive hind legs, tiny wings and hoof-like toes. Fossils of Genyornis have been found in association with human artifacts, including cave paintings and carved footprints, suggesting human co-existence. Sometimes such fossils have been found in groups, suggesting that, like emus, the species may have lived in mobs.