Roman Numeral Date Set of 1/4 oz Gold American Eagles in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The 6 coin collection features Roman numerals in the dates. A free book "American Gold & Platinum A Guide to the U.S. Bullion Coin Program" is included with each set ordered! Edmund C. Moy-38th director of the U.S. Mint-shares
his unique insight and behind-the-scenes perspective on these
beautiful pieces of Americana in this hardcover book.
- Contains 1.5 oz actual Gold weight.
- This 6 coin collection is housed in a Dansco Album.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing back behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint in West Point, N.Y.
- Mintages are as follows:
1986 - 726,031 coins.
1987 - 269,255 coins.
1988 - 49,000 coins.
1989 - 81,789 coins.
1990 - 41,000 coins.
1991 - 36,100 coins.
Gold American Eagles -- why buy Gold from APMEX?The American Gold Eagle is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products. To buy U.S. Gold Eagles for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Gold! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||Not Shown - West Point|
|Metal Content:||1.5 troy oz|