Roman Numeral Date Set of 1/4 oz Gold American Eagles in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The 6 coin collection features Roman numerals in the dates.
A free book "American Gold & Platinum A Guide to the U.S. Bullion Coin Program" is included with each set ordered! Edmund C. Moy-38th director of the U.S. Mint-shares
his unique insight and behind-the-scenes perspective on these
beautiful pieces of Americana in this hardcover book.
- Contains 1.5 oz actual Gold weight.
- This 6 coin collection is housed in a Dansco Album.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing back behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint in West Point, N.Y.
- Mintages are as follows:
1986 - 726,031 coins.
1987 - 269,255 coins.
1988 - 49,000 coins.
1989 - 81,789 coins.
1990 - 41,000 coins.
1991 - 36,100 coins.