|Mint Mark:||Not Shown - West Point|
|Metal Content:||6 troy oz|
This hand selected set contains a Brilliant Uncirculated 1 oz Gold American Eagle from 1986-1991. Each coin features the date in Roman numerals! A free book "American Gold & Platinum A Guide to the U.S. Bullion Coin Program" is included with each set ordered! Edmund C. Moy-38th director of the U.S. Mint-shares his unique insight and behind-the-scenes perspective on these beautiful pieces of Americana in this hardcover book.
- Contains 6 oz actual Gold weight.
- The Complete 6 coin collection is housed in a Brand New Dansco Album.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing back behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint in West Point, N.Y.
- Mintages are as follows:
1986 - 1,362,650 coins
1987 - 1,045,500 coins
1988 - 465,000 coins
1989 - 415,790 coins
1990 - 373,210 coins
1991 - 243,100 coins