These coins feature a low mintage of only 591,359 coins in comparison to today's mintages of about 25 million coins per year.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Encapsulation by NGC guarantees and protects the condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II designed by Dora de Pedery-Hunt used on Maple Leafs from 1990-2003.
- Reverse: Displays one of Canada's most popular symbols, the maple leaf, as well as the weight and purity of the coin.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect and display your Silver Maple Leaf in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins appeal to investors and collectors worldwide for their beauty and purity. Add this Superb Gem 1 oz Silver Maple Leaf to your cart today!
Before the birth of the Royal Canadian Mint, every coin that was in circulation in Canada had to be produced at the Royal Mint in London or at the private Heaton Mint in Birmingham, England. So, in 1890, the Royal Canadian Mint was proposed and 18 years later on January 2, 1908 Canadian Governor General Lord Earl Gray struck the first domestically produced coin in Ottawa. Since then, the Royal Canadian Mint has been known for its exceptional quality, sophistication and innovation.
The Silver Maple Leaf has undergone some changes in its design, but overall, the main elements of this iconic Silver coin have remained the same. The obverse of the coin features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II while the reverse displays a maple leaf, an image closely associated with Canadian pride and nationalism. In 2014, a micro-engraved, textured maple leaf featuring the year of issue and a radial-line background were added to ensure the authenticity of the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. In addition to the added security, these features also add to the beauty of each individual coin, as each pattern of radial lines is unique and creates a specific light-diffracting pattern.