Many Liberty Gold Double Eagles have been melted over the years, adding collectibility to a classic Gold coin design. This is a Type 1 design with nice, even wear and no distractions.
- Contains .9675 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC has graded and guaranteed this coin as being Extra Fine-45.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, encircled by 13 stars with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with a shield on its breast with thirteen stars above. Surrounding the eagle is "United States of America" and the denomination.
- Designed by James B. Longacre and minted from 1850-1907.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your Gold Double Eagle in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Liberty Double Eagles enhance any collection for their beauty and rarity. Add this 1856-S $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle to your cart today!
Gold Liberty Double Eagle -- why buy Pre-1933 Gold from APMEX?U.S. Gold Double Eagles from the years 1838-1907 are a great addition to any investment portfolio or numismatic collection. To buy Pre-1933 U.S. Gold for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Grade:||Extra Fine - 45|
|Mint Mark:||S - San Francisco|
|Metal Content:||0.9675 troy oz|