The series 1918 Federal Reserve Bank Note dueces are commonly referred to as Battleship notes for obvious reasons as the back is dominated by an engraving of a New York class battleship at full steam!
- This denomination features a blue seal and blue serial numbers.
- Housed in PMG currency holder.
- Face: Features a left portrait of Thomas Jefferson, with the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the obligation at the center with Elliott/Burke signatures.
- Back: Greenback with a large steam powered battleship at sea.
- This note is a nice Very Fine-20 example with honest wear.
The 2 ships of this class carried ten 14" guns in five twin turrets as their main armament, and New York and her sister ship, the USS Texas were veterans of both World Wars. One of the ships of this class (USS Texas) can be visited since she survives as a memorial ship just outside of Houston.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Grade:||Very Fine - 20|
|Mint Mark:||C - Philadelphia|
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|