The series 1918 Federal Reserve Bank Note deuces are commonly referred to as Battleship notes for obvious reasons as the back is dominated by an engraving of a New York class battleship at full steam!
- This denomination features a blue seal and blue serial numbers.
- Housed in PMG currency holder.
- Face: Features a left portrait of Thomas Jefferson, with the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the obligation at the center with Elliott/Burke signatures.
- Back: Greenback with a large steam powered battleship at sea.
- This note is a nice Very Fine-20 example with honest wear.
The 2 ships of this class carried ten 14" guns in five twin turrets as their main armament, and New York and her sister ship, the USS Texas were veterans of both World Wars. One of the ships of this class (USS Texas) can be visited since she survives as a memorial ship just outside of Houston.