One of the more popular notes in all of U.S. currency. This series 1899 $5 Silver Certificate commonly known as the "Chief" is always popular with collectors.
- The only issue of U.S. paper money for which a Native American was selected as the central figure.
- Each note comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: A likeness of Ta-to-ka-in-yan-ka, also known as Chief Running Antelope, a member of the Oncpapa tribe of the Sioux Indians.
- Back: Redemption language with a centered large 'V' with the number '5' at the upper right and left and the word 'Five' at the lower left and right with highly stylized scrollwork.
- This note is in solid Fine condition.
These notes are highly desirable at any grade level. Notes at this level of preservation are affordable for the serious currency collector. Add this 1899 $5.00 Silver Certificate Chief Running Antelope note to your cart today!
Lyons/Roberts signatures. Friedberg#271.