The U.S. Mint's First Spouse series features each of the First Ladies that have graced the White House. This issue, graded a perfect MS-70 by NGC, honors Lucretia Garfield.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect Mint State-70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Lucretia Garfield.
- Reverse: Lucretia and James built a large home in Washington and set aside one room in the house for herself, where she was able to paint and draw in private. The reverse design represents Lucretia Garfield's interest in art and features her painting on a canvas with brush and palette in hand.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this Lucretia Garfield coin to your cart today!
Lucretia Rudolph Garfield was born on April 19, 1832, in Garrettsville, Ohio. She first met future President "Jim" Garfield when both attended a nearby school, and they renewed their friendship in 1851 as students at the Western Reserve Eclectic Institute. The couple married in 1858.